Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

El capitan wont install macbook pro 2010

I decided to update my software via the app store to el capitan but the installation always fails. At first, it would say the "no packages found" error. Then I tried again by changing the date to the year 2015 and with/without wifi, now another error comes up just five minuted before the installation completes with an error log with the options to view the log, save it, restart or shut down the computer.

Additional info: i have no back up of my mac. When I try to restart the mac by choosing another start up disk no options appear. And when I turn on the mac while pressing the Option key, the only disk that appears is the mac osx installation disk. Also, my battery does not work. I use the mac while it is plugged only.

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 10:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 10:12 PM

Ok so I kind of solved it but not really 😆 I started up my computer while pressing option+command+R and the latest software compatible with my laptop started installing. In my case it is high sierra. So that went smoothly and now I can forget about el capitan 🙌🏻

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 29, 2020 6:50 AM in response to Eau Rouge

Hello! I cant use my laptop. Everytime I turn it on I can only attempt to install the osx again. I forgot to mention that I tried installing el capitan years ago when it first came out. The installation had an error, so I was still operating on the software I had ( The last one before El Capitan, Don't remember the name). But on my apps folder there appeared an "el capitan" logo. When I pressed it nothing happened. This week I was like 'let's try installing it again', So I went to the App Store and El Capitan appeared on my "purchased apps". I just click download again and now here I am 😅

El capitan wont install macbook pro 2010

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.