Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot send email (receives just fine) with iPhone SE IOS 12.2

I use Apple iCloud mail and it works fine on my Mac Mini. My iPhone receives mail to all accounts just fine (I have several email addresses under my main iCloud mail account). But when I try to send email, it says there is a problem with the outgoing server. The dialog box that pops up says I can configure the server in Settings> Accounts and Passwords, but I don't see any way to check the outgoing server settings there.

Also, my previous iPhone (a 5c running IOS 11) worked just fine with sending and receiving emails. I just recently switched to the iPhone SE and have had trouble ever since.

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 28, 2019 2:23 PM

4 replies

Apr 29, 2019 4:45 AM in response to MrBill3

Nope. Already found that link and tried all that stuff. When I open Passwords and Accounts, the only account shown is my iCloud account (which is correct), and I am not able to see any information about incoming or outgoing server settings anywhere. When I click on iCloud, I can see all my iCloud selections/settings, and when I click on my name at the top of the screen, it shows me my personal information (contact info, etc.) but no server settings.

Cannot send email (receives just fine) with iPhone SE IOS 12.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.