Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot send email on iOS

Hi - I’m getting an error message sending emails (on both iphone and iPad so not the device that’s the problem I don’t think). Message says that the connection to the outgoing server smtp.mail.me.com failed. And that additional servers can be configured in settings. Is there another outbound mail server address that I could try? I couldn’t find one online.

Many thanks

chris

iPhone XS

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 12:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 12:44 AM

Ceebeedeebee Said:

Cannot send email on iOS:[...] Message says that the connection to the outgoing server smtp.mail.me.com failed.[...]

———-

Configuring iOS Mail:

Go Here: Mail Server Settings for iCloud email Clients — Apple Support

As the site reads, put just the username, and exclude the @me.com part of the eMail address. See if that fixes it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2019 12:44 AM in response to Ceebeedeebee

Ceebeedeebee Said:

Cannot send email on iOS:[...] Message says that the connection to the outgoing server smtp.mail.me.com failed.[...]

———-

Configuring iOS Mail:

Go Here: Mail Server Settings for iCloud email Clients — Apple Support

As the site reads, put just the username, and exclude the @me.com part of the eMail address. See if that fixes it.

Cannot send email on iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.