Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone know this setting?

So as you can see below this text, there is an image from my Iphone 5s. Next to the text under my "contacts" and "Files" app, there is a little cloud with an arrow pointing down icon. When an app has this icon under an app, I'm unable to use the app unless I tap on it. Downloading from the cloud. I think this is a feature my phone does to save storage?

Getting to the point, is there a way to turn this off? It is very annoying, when I'm out the house and have no wifi it will be on an app I want to use (like my music for example) it will stop me from using the app and try to download it from the cloud again. Accept it can't download as I have no wifi. I think a while ago, I accidentally turned this setting on in my settings. But ever since I've not been able to turn it off.

Does anyone know the name of this setting and how to turn it off? Thanks.

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 28, 2019 6:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2019 6:18 PM

This means your iPhone storage is quite full.

Check Settings > General > iPhone Storage and never allow your free space to fall below 10% of the iPhone’s total storage.

The behavior is there because you accepted a recommendation to save storage at Settings > General > iPhone Storage.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2019 6:18 PM in response to AA-

This means your iPhone storage is quite full.

Check Settings > General > iPhone Storage and never allow your free space to fall below 10% of the iPhone’s total storage.

The behavior is there because you accepted a recommendation to save storage at Settings > General > iPhone Storage.

Does anyone know this setting?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.