Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I delete the app data off my iPhone XR?

When I “delete” an app by pressing the X on the home screen It says the data will be deleted also. So why when I go back to the App Store there is a cloud on the app, meaning it still contains my data...right?when I go back to the app in the App Store it has a cloud on it so it still has my information how do I delete an app completely?

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 3:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 3:41 PM

HormonalHeifer wrote:

When I “delete” an app by pressing the X on the home screen It says the data will be deleted also. So why when I go back to the App Store there is a cloud on the app, meaning it still contains my data...right?when I go back to the app in the App Store it has a cloud on it so it still has my information how do I delete an app completely?

No, the cloud icon means that you have purchased it in the past and that you can download it again without having to pay for it again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2020 3:41 PM in response to HormonalHeifer

HormonalHeifer wrote:

No, the cloud icon means that you have purchased it in the past and that you can download it again without having to pay for it again.

Why can’t I delete the app data off my iPhone XR?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.