Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to delete my exchange mailbox and now al lot of my contact wil delete, how can i copy the exchange contact to icloud?

I want to delete my exchange mailbox and now al lot of my contact wil delete, how can i copy the exchange contact to icloud?

Due to changing employer I want to turn off the mail (exchange) on my iphone, now I get the message that contacts are also deleted from my iphone.

I don't want this at all. I thought all contacts were just stored in iCloud.

Now it appears that my contacts have been stored in the mail contacts for the past 2.5 years.

How can I get these contacts from Exchange to my iCloud?

And is this possible at all?

iPhone XS, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 29, 2019 12:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2019 12:29 PM

Do you have access to a Mac? Can you still access the Exchange server?

If you add the Exchange account to the Address Book (Contacts) in macOS and your iCloud Contacts, you can drag and drop contacts between these 2 sources.

Copy from Exchange to iCloud within the macOS Address Book. They will sync to iCloud and then to your iOS device.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2019 12:29 PM in response to BoyBruss

Do you have access to a Mac? Can you still access the Exchange server?

If you add the Exchange account to the Address Book (Contacts) in macOS and your iCloud Contacts, you can drag and drop contacts between these 2 sources.

Copy from Exchange to iCloud within the macOS Address Book. They will sync to iCloud and then to your iOS device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.