Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWatch Series 3 Pinkish/Purple Hue at Bottom of Screen

My parents just gifted me an iWatch Series 3 for my birthday. I set up the display screen to randomly scroll through the top photos of my phone. Suddenly, every once in a while the bottom of the screen will appear with a pinkish/purple hue.

The iWatch is practically new, I have a screen protector and bumper on it, and it's never been wet or damaged.

Is this something I should be worried about? I'm attaching photos of the issue. Again, it will suddenly happen, then I'll tap through a few photos on my home screen and it goes away (it's not a constant occurrence). Thanks in advance! :)

Apple Watch Series 3, 5

Posted on Apr 29, 2019 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2019 11:21 AM

Hey there BSmith0414,

Thank you for visiting the Apple Support Communities. It’s my understanding that you have a concern about the display on your newly gifted Apple Watch Series 3. I'd like to help you with this, and also wish you a Happy Belated Birthday!

To get started with troubleshooting, I'd like to isolate the issue first. You mentioned you use a screen protector and protective case, and also use a Photo Album watch face. I would like to have you remove the screen protector, and case from your watch to test for the same display concern. I would also like you to set up a different watch face, one that does not have any movement, to also test to see if the issue remains.

If the same issue continues after taking these steps, let's make sure your watchOS is fully updated: Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support.

After monitoring your display, if the concern continues, I would then recommend taking the steps found in this support article: Get help with your Apple Watch - Apple Support. Although this is not directed toward your specific concern, it includes great steps that may help solve the issue.

If you've completed all of the above steps, and still notice the display appearing discolored, I'd like to have you reach out for continued support through this link: Apple - Support - Product Selection.

Let me know if you need any further direction to solve this concern.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2019 11:21 AM in response to BSmith0414

Hey there BSmith0414,

Thank you for visiting the Apple Support Communities. It’s my understanding that you have a concern about the display on your newly gifted Apple Watch Series 3. I'd like to help you with this, and also wish you a Happy Belated Birthday!

To get started with troubleshooting, I'd like to isolate the issue first. You mentioned you use a screen protector and protective case, and also use a Photo Album watch face. I would like to have you remove the screen protector, and case from your watch to test for the same display concern. I would also like you to set up a different watch face, one that does not have any movement, to also test to see if the issue remains.

If the same issue continues after taking these steps, let's make sure your watchOS is fully updated: Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support.

After monitoring your display, if the concern continues, I would then recommend taking the steps found in this support article: Get help with your Apple Watch - Apple Support. Although this is not directed toward your specific concern, it includes great steps that may help solve the issue.

If you've completed all of the above steps, and still notice the display appearing discolored, I'd like to have you reach out for continued support through this link: Apple - Support - Product Selection.

Let me know if you need any further direction to solve this concern.

Take care!

iWatch Series 3 Pinkish/Purple Hue at Bottom of Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.