Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving Iphoto pics (or slideshow) from my desktop to Imovie on my desktop

Hello, I am trying to move my pics and videos from iphoto (on my desktop) to imovie on my desktop but I am having no luck. Please will someone give me detailed instructions on how to do this?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Wendy

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 29, 2019 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2019 12:49 PM

Hi, Wendy,

Assuming that you are using iMovie 10:

Move your photos out of iPhoto to a folder on your desktop. From there you can drag them into iMovie. You just can't drag them directly from iPhoto.

Also, it is possible that your iPhoto app shows up in the iMovie media side bar of an opened iMovie 10 project, as mine does. If so, you can click on the iPhoto item to display your photos in the browser, and from there drag them into iMovie projects.

-- Rich

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2019 12:49 PM in response to petcentric

Hi, Wendy,

Assuming that you are using iMovie 10:

Move your photos out of iPhoto to a folder on your desktop. From there you can drag them into iMovie. You just can't drag them directly from iPhoto.

Also, it is possible that your iPhoto app shows up in the iMovie media side bar of an opened iMovie 10 project, as mine does. If so, you can click on the iPhoto item to display your photos in the browser, and from there drag them into iMovie projects.

-- Rich

Moving Iphoto pics (or slideshow) from my desktop to Imovie on my desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.