Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to move video from photos to iMovie ?

I am having trouble moving a video and pic from photo to iMovie. I used to move them to the desktop then to iMovie but I haven't used the app in about 6 months and I have forgotten exactly how I did it.

MacBook

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 11:26 AM

Create an iMovie project and drag the photos or videos from your desktop into the timeline.

Or, drag the photos or videos directly from the Photos library into the timeline.

Or, use the import button to import the media from your desktop into an iMovie event or project.

Or, click on the photos item in the iMovie project sidebar and drag your photos or videos into iMovie from the media browser. That is the recommended way. For it to work your Photos liibrary need to be designated as your system photo library and the media needs to be contained in the Photos library rather than in the cloud.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2021 11:26 AM in response to smilnjac

Create an iMovie project and drag the photos or videos from your desktop into the timeline.

Or, drag the photos or videos directly from the Photos library into the timeline.

Or, use the import button to import the media from your desktop into an iMovie event or project.

Or, click on the photos item in the iMovie project sidebar and drag your photos or videos into iMovie from the media browser. That is the recommended way. For it to work your Photos liibrary need to be designated as your system photo library and the media needs to be contained in the Photos library rather than in the cloud.

-- Rich

how to move video from photos to iMovie ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.