Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maps not working after downloading iOs 12.2

I just downloaded iOs 12.2 and now Apple Maps won't provide directions. The green "Go" button is not responsive. I've done a hard reset, deleted/re-downloaded the app, and reset my network settings (per recommendations I found online). It's still not working. Can anyone help? I rely on this app since I'm living in a new city. Thanks.

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 29, 2019 2:11 PM

3 replies

May 3, 2019 2:03 PM in response to dssdss

I've not seen that problem with my Maps, and have used it extensively in multiple states since the update to iOS 12.2. I've been traveling a lot for family issues by car, and have been using Maps a good bit. Both just with Bluetooth in one vehicle, and with CarPlay in another. I would not say this is a common problem.

I would create a current backup and then restore the phone to factory, not using a backup and setting it up as new. Test your maps and see if it works. If it does, then try restoring your backup and see what happens. If it fails again, it could be there is something corrupt in your backup or settings that is causing the issue, and you may need to restore the phone to factory again, set it up as new, and put your content back manually, not using your backup.

Maps not working after downloading iOs 12.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.