Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Maps not working after iOS 15.3

I've had multiple issues with my iPhone 11 since 15.3. The one I'm currently working on is my Apple Maps no longer shows the map. I've tried turning location services off then on for the phone and the app specifically. I've tried resetting network settings and resetting location and privacy. I've also rebooted the phone. None of these have made a difference.

I also just noticed it's not working on my new MacBook Pro either. Is it a general issue with the app?

Does anyone have other suggestions? It's exhausting trying to trouble shoot these issues.

FYI, google maps works fine.

Thank you

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 1:19 AM

Here are some simple things to check (my assumption is you’ve tried a reboot and toggled location services off, waited 60 seconds, then toggled it back on):

-In Settings>Privacy>location services, scroll down to Maps, it should say ‘while using the app’ or ‘while using the app and widget’ . If this is on cell service, go to Settings>Maps and confirm cellular data is enabled.

-Time on iPhone is set to Automatic?

-Is your iPhone out of storage. Check your current storage amount used. Free up space if close to full.

-delete the Maps app and then reinstall it (reboot after deleting, then reinstall).

-you can also try the following if all else fails(it will delete/change to default some location and privacy info or settings), Reset Location and privacy

Settings>General>Reset>Reset Location and Privacy.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2022 1:19 AM in response to BEGirl

Here are some simple things to check (my assumption is you’ve tried a reboot and toggled location services off, waited 60 seconds, then toggled it back on):

-In Settings>Privacy>location services, scroll down to Maps, it should say ‘while using the app’ or ‘while using the app and widget’ . If this is on cell service, go to Settings>Maps and confirm cellular data is enabled.

-Time on iPhone is set to Automatic?

-Is your iPhone out of storage. Check your current storage amount used. Free up space if close to full.

-delete the Maps app and then reinstall it (reboot after deleting, then reinstall).

-you can also try the following if all else fails(it will delete/change to default some location and privacy info or settings), Reset Location and privacy

Settings>General>Reset>Reset Location and Privacy.

Apple Maps not working after iOS 15.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.