Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photo Storage

If I delete the photos in my iCloud.com storage, will this also somehow remove those photos from my iPhone or iPad? I do not want this to happen but I want to make room in iCloud for newer photos and videos.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on Apr 29, 2019 8:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2019 10:54 PM

Hello. Yes that’s right, when you use iCloud Photos and delete a photo or video on iCloud, it's also deleted on all other devices where iCloud Photos is turned on with the same Apple ID. If you want to continue using iCloud Photos you’d need to free up extra space on iCloud some other way or buy extra storage. The following help article offers some suggestions

Manage your iCloud storage

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2019 10:54 PM in response to KevinP4705

Hello. Yes that’s right, when you use iCloud Photos and delete a photo or video on iCloud, it's also deleted on all other devices where iCloud Photos is turned on with the same Apple ID. If you want to continue using iCloud Photos you’d need to free up extra space on iCloud some other way or buy extra storage. The following help article offers some suggestions

Manage your iCloud storage

iCloud Photo Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.