Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voicemail Icon Missing

I was just notified when someone was leaving me a voice mail it stated my vm was not set up. I called my vm and stated it was locked. Called my service provider they fixed the issue, along with stating this happens at times as apple and my carriers “signals” get crossed. I was able to retrieve several very important voicemails that were time sensitive. However after testing my vm from different land lines and cell carriers I was able to leave a vm but the icon did not alert me that I had new vm’s. Called vm again locked, spoke to carrier again was told the same thing but the icon is an apple issue not the carrier. Someone please help! They do offer the new vm to text for additional charge.. They get enough money already!!

TIA!!

Valerie

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 30, 2019 7:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2019 7:33 AM

It's can be both a carrier and an Apple issue. Make sure the carrier has voicemail notification enabled on your account. Then, on the iPhone, go to Settings>Notifications>Phone and make sure you have badges enabled. I would also reset network settings once all this is done. Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. The only think you'll lose is saved WiFi passwords.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2019 7:33 AM in response to tricky28val

It's can be both a carrier and an Apple issue. Make sure the carrier has voicemail notification enabled on your account. Then, on the iPhone, go to Settings>Notifications>Phone and make sure you have badges enabled. I would also reset network settings once all this is done. Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. The only think you'll lose is saved WiFi passwords.

Voicemail Icon Missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.