Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 10.1.11 keeps crashing

I updated iMovie to the latest version yesterday, but now I can't open it anymore. It loads for about 5 seconds then automatically closes. I already tried safe boot and clicking option and opening a new library. I can open a new library, but when I try using my original one, iMovie crashes again. My mac is on Mojave 10.14. also tried copying the folder for my project to the new library, but it doesn't come out in iMovie.

MacBook, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 30, 2019 7:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2019 7:54 PM

Have you tried deleting preferences? If not, open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. See if you can reopen your old library without crashing.

If still no luck, you could try redownloading iMovie.

-- Rich

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2019 7:54 PM in response to jenriane

Have you tried deleting preferences? If not, open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. See if you can reopen your old library without crashing.

If still no luck, you could try redownloading iMovie.

-- Rich

iMovie 10.1.11 keeps crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.