Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac freezes as it boots up

My desk top iMac starts booting up when I turn it on and then it freezes halfway through. Then eventually turns completely off.

Is there something I can do on my own to try to figure this out or will it need to be brought into Apple to look at?

Thoughts

Posted on Apr 30, 2019 8:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2019 8:14 PM

If your Mac doesn't turn on or start up - Apple Support is a good place to start your own troubleshooting.

If all else fails, the last paragraph states:

"If your Mac still doesn't turn or start up, or you can't successfully reinstall macOS or restore from a backup, contact Apple Support, an Apple Store, or an Apple Authorized Service Provider. Meanwhile, if your Mac doesn't finish starting up and you have another startup disk, you might be able to connect it to your Mac and start up from that disk instead of your current startup disk."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2019 8:14 PM in response to Cavachon

If your Mac doesn't turn on or start up - Apple Support is a good place to start your own troubleshooting.

If all else fails, the last paragraph states:

"If your Mac still doesn't turn or start up, or you can't successfully reinstall macOS or restore from a backup, contact Apple Support, an Apple Store, or an Apple Authorized Service Provider. Meanwhile, if your Mac doesn't finish starting up and you have another startup disk, you might be able to connect it to your Mac and start up from that disk instead of your current startup disk."

iMac freezes as it boots up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.