Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts in my Library deleted and added without my permission

Woke up this morning to find my podcast library on my iPad a mess: podcasts that I had subscribed to have vanished from my library; new podcasts that I did not subscribe to are now in my library; and, when I search for some of the podcasts that disappeared using the search tool (for example, Wait...Wait Don’t Tell Me), they are no longer available. What’s going on?

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on May 1, 2019 6:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2019 11:55 AM

I also contacted NPR and received this response from them:

Yesterday, we made a change to our web server caching configuration that resulted in the same RSS feed being served for all NPR RSS URLs. This caused podcast apps to act as if all of our podcasts had changed their titles and added hundreds of new episodes. Depending on your settings, this might have caused your podcast application to begin downloading a large number of podcast episodes.

Thanks to listeners and platform partners who reported this problem to NPR, we were able to quickly identify the source of the error and roll back our earlier configuration change. The root problem is now resolved, but it may take some time – up to 48 hours – before the change is reflected in your podcast application. We’re incredibly sorry for the inconvenience.

If you have any questions or need more information, don’t hesitate to let us know.

Sincerely, 

Khalon 

NPR Audience Relations 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2019 11:55 AM in response to greengay

I also contacted NPR and received this response from them:

Yesterday, we made a change to our web server caching configuration that resulted in the same RSS feed being served for all NPR RSS URLs. This caused podcast apps to act as if all of our podcasts had changed their titles and added hundreds of new episodes. Depending on your settings, this might have caused your podcast application to begin downloading a large number of podcast episodes.

Thanks to listeners and platform partners who reported this problem to NPR, we were able to quickly identify the source of the error and roll back our earlier configuration change. The root problem is now resolved, but it may take some time – up to 48 hours – before the change is reflected in your podcast application. We’re incredibly sorry for the inconvenience.

If you have any questions or need more information, don’t hesitate to let us know.

Sincerely, 

Khalon 

NPR Audience Relations 

Podcasts in my Library deleted and added without my permission

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.