Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone no longer connects to car since upgrade to iOS 12.2

My previous two iPhones were 5S and 6. I currently have a 6S. My car is old, but it was top of the line when it was manufactured in 2004 (a Lexus LS 430). All of these iPhones easily connected to my car’s navigation system until I upgraded my 6S from iOS 12.1.4 to iOS 12.2. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with my car, because I just checked if it would still connect to my 5S - still running iOS 12.1.4 - and the pairing was again normal. Car and iPhone recognized each other quickly. The 5S had previously been paired with the car for two years. The 6S had been paired for THREE years, but since its upgrade to iOS 12.2, it does not even show up as a recognized device when the car is searching. 

Has anyone else experienced the same problem? Were you able to fix it (other than buying a newer car)?

I'm posting as iPhone SE because my 6S, although (I think) is still supported by Apple, it's not on the drop down menu.

Thanks a lot!

Don

iPhone SE

Posted on May 1, 2019 6:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2019 9:13 AM

I finally was able to connect, so my issue is solved.

To "cycle" my iPhone's Bluetooth off then back on as part of my troubleshooting, I thought I had done so through "Settings," but maybe I had been using "Control Center" instead. Perhaps there's a difference.

My Mac club president sent me this Apple Support article https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203412

I followed the recommended procedure, and connection to my car was restored.

So much to learn....

Don

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2019 9:13 AM in response to donbo

I finally was able to connect, so my issue is solved.

To "cycle" my iPhone's Bluetooth off then back on as part of my troubleshooting, I thought I had done so through "Settings," but maybe I had been using "Control Center" instead. Perhaps there's a difference.

My Mac club president sent me this Apple Support article https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203412

I followed the recommended procedure, and connection to my car was restored.

So much to learn....

Don

iPhone no longer connects to car since upgrade to iOS 12.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.