Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ringtone quiets down after the second or third ring. Why is that

I’m trying to understand why my phone rings loudly at the normal volume and then automatically goes to a lower volume after the second or third ring

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on May 1, 2019 5:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2019 5:39 PM

If you are using Face ID, when you pick up the phone after it rings and look at it, Attention Awareness Features, if turned on in Settings>Face ID and Passcode, will cause the volume to lower. Your phone recognizes your face it knows that you know it rang and it lowers the volume automatically.

You can can disable that in Settings>Face ID and Passcode>Attention Awareness Features>Off. When you do that, the phone will ring at whatever full volume you have set for it to ring even when you pickup and look at it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2019 5:39 PM in response to lookingforanswers1

If you are using Face ID, when you pick up the phone after it rings and look at it, Attention Awareness Features, if turned on in Settings>Face ID and Passcode, will cause the volume to lower. Your phone recognizes your face it knows that you know it rang and it lowers the volume automatically.

You can can disable that in Settings>Face ID and Passcode>Attention Awareness Features>Off. When you do that, the phone will ring at whatever full volume you have set for it to ring even when you pickup and look at it.

my ringtone quiets down after the second or third ring. Why is that

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.