Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 11: ringtone is quiets down after call

I was getting a call when i noticed my ringtone volume goes down significantly after about a second or so. anyone know why? ringtone volume is all the way up before the call...

iPhone 11

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 3:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 4:11 PM

That sounds like the option that is designed to lower the volume automatically as soon as the phone recognizes that you have noticed the ringing and started to respond to it. That option is at Settings > Accessibility > Face ID & Attention > Attention Aware Features.

Note that if that is what it is, after it has lowered the volume for one call, the volume will be high again when the next incoming call starts to ring.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2019 4:11 PM in response to Octané

That sounds like the option that is designed to lower the volume automatically as soon as the phone recognizes that you have noticed the ringing and started to respond to it. That option is at Settings > Accessibility > Face ID & Attention > Attention Aware Features.

Note that if that is what it is, after it has lowered the volume for one call, the volume will be high again when the next incoming call starts to ring.

iphone 11: ringtone is quiets down after call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.