pressing vol. button kills ringtone on incoming call

This happens with ios 16 and 17 on 2 different iphones 11. Recently, when I get a call the ring tone is a bit faint. If I press the side volume button (up or down) it stops the ring tone, but the call is still waiting to be answered. I'm sure that in the past pressing the volume button has changed the ring volume. Any one else had this problem? If yes, did you solve it and how?

iPhone 11, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 12:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 4:35 PM

Hello Corystes,

We have a great support article that might help with this. Please take a look at it here: Use the side, Home, and other buttons on your iPhone. This article explains the ways you can use and customize the buttons on your iPhone.

We hope this helps. Let us know if we can assist with anything else at all. Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2023 4:35 PM in response to Corystes

Hello Corystes,

We have a great support article that might help with this. Please take a look at it here: Use the side, Home, and other buttons on your iPhone. This article explains the ways you can use and customize the buttons on your iPhone.

We hope this helps. Let us know if we can assist with anything else at all. Take care.

pressing vol. button kills ringtone on incoming call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.