Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mobile data menu vanished

I can't use wifi because my mobile data doesn't go on. The menu in settings is empty! How do I fix this?

iPad Air 2, iOS 12

Posted on May 2, 2019 12:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2019 4:35 AM

Hello and thank you for your help!

Turns out I was trying to solve a wrong problem. I took the tablet to a local shop and it turned out the problem was VPN not mobile data. (Because, mobile data can’t even be on when there is no sim-card.)

I used the free VPN “Onavo Protect” and for some reason something has changed and I can no longer use it or internet will shut down.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2019 4:35 AM in response to 7achance

Hello and thank you for your help!

Turns out I was trying to solve a wrong problem. I took the tablet to a local shop and it turned out the problem was VPN not mobile data. (Because, mobile data can’t even be on when there is no sim-card.)

I used the free VPN “Onavo Protect” and for some reason something has changed and I can no longer use it or internet will shut down.

May 2, 2019 1:09 PM in response to anniina161

Hey anniina161,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! I see you're having trouble accessing the Settings menu on your iPad, so I wanted to offer a few suggestions that may help. To get things started, would you mind simply restarting your iPhone: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If that doesn't seem to help, the next thing you should do is backup your iPad: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support, then check for and install any pending iOS updates: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Be sure to update the thread with the results, because there are some other things we can check if those above don't help.

Cheers!

Mobile data menu vanished

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.