Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

local call showing up as international

My incoming local calls showing as international after I roaming to Taiwan last week (i.e. 1234-5678 [local] showing as 1-2345678 [Taiwan] ). Anyone has same problem? I am using iPhone XS, with eSIM enabled. Same problem described by Rastaphone (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250056157?page=2), and no one has provided a solution to the problem from the last threat. The problem is real, and not related to E.164 non-conformant. All incoming local calls showing as Taiwan's international. They are all be sure local calls without country code, but the iPhone displaced as international call. Suspected it is iPhone iOS bug, rather than bug related to local carrier system. Any idea?

iPhone XS, iOS 12

Posted on May 2, 2019 12:44 AM

6 replies

May 13, 2019 6:59 PM in response to humannwong

It looks no one has overcome this iOS bug. Anyway, practical to solve it is I put in my wife's sim card and detect another carrier, then put my sim card back again, After change of carrier twice, the problem is fixed. I don't like this method to fix it! As I don't like previous Apple's smart way become current Apple's old-man way. Steve Jobs! Salute to you! For those who think it is my problem and I have to fix it with a simple reboot or whatever silly way to make it work, I tell you it doesn't work! I use iPhone 10 years. I use iPhone's eSIM from its day one. I am suspecting it is the bug related to the eSIM and roaming service codes. But anyway, I cannot fix it myself. Hope next iOS can fix it. Just like the previous eSIM known bug about sharing WiFi with Personal Hotsport feature. It's some routing problem. Finally Apple confirms it is a bug and fix it in the next iOS. As an Apple's fans, really find it strange that how come WiFi sharing feature, which is very common for iPad user, has not been tested before rolling out. Steve Jobs! Salute to you again!

May 13, 2019 7:13 PM in response to humannwong

More information again is that same carrier same SIM card type same roaming service that my wife has used with me for same trip. Only difference is I'm using XS and my wife is using XSMax. Bug happens in XS only. So don't suspect it is carrier problem or whatever. Anyway, I can change SIM card every time when I'm back from a trip. It works! Thanks and I have to agree with myself that today, I need to solve the problem in this way.

local call showing up as international

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.