Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

I have iOS17.0.3 and I cannot call Australia. Why?

I have calls failures messages when I try to call someone in Australia. They too cannot reach me on my iPhone. I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 5:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 5:30 PM

Japoneux Said:

"I have iOS17.0.3 and I cannot call Australia. Why?: I have calls failures messages when I try to call someone in Australia. They too cannot reach me on my iPhone. I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max"

-------

Troubleshooting Calls:

A. Start Here: If you can't Make or Receive Calls on your iPhone - Apple Support

B. Install a Cellular Update:

It might be prompting you for a cellular update to install. So, go here for that. Update your Carrier Settings Manually on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

C. Disable Screen Time:

If Screen Time is set up and enabled, then you may have disallowed access to this number, including the inability to call it.

1. Go Here: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: "To change or turn off the passcode on your child's device, go to Settings > Screen Time and tap your child's name. Then tap Change Screen Time Passcode or Turn Off Screen Time Passcode, and authenticate the change with Face ID, Touch ID, or your device passcode."
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2023 5:30 PM in response to Japoneux

Japoneux Said:

"I have iOS17.0.3 and I cannot call Australia. Why?: I have calls failures messages when I try to call someone in Australia. They too cannot reach me on my iPhone. I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max"

-------

Troubleshooting Calls:

A. Start Here: If you can't Make or Receive Calls on your iPhone - Apple Support

B. Install a Cellular Update:

It might be prompting you for a cellular update to install. So, go here for that. Update your Carrier Settings Manually on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

C. Disable Screen Time:

If Screen Time is set up and enabled, then you may have disallowed access to this number, including the inability to call it.

1. Go Here: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: "To change or turn off the passcode on your child's device, go to Settings > Screen Time and tap your child's name. Then tap Change Screen Time Passcode or Turn Off Screen Time Passcode, and authenticate the change with Face ID, Touch ID, or your device passcode."

I have iOS17.0.3 and I cannot call Australia. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.