Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music I purchased on CD

Hi, I have read some previous posts and would like to clarify something.

I have a lot of music that i purchased on CD's many years ago. I have loaded them onto my Mac computer via iTunes, yet I cannot seem to access them on my iPad or other devices. Have I read it correctly that I must purchase and Apple Music account in order to have access to my already purchased music? That I have to pay a monthly subscription to Apple music just so I can hear music that I have already purchased? If I decide to do this ridiculous thing that once I cancel the subscription I will also lose the ability to listen to the music I had purchased? Is this correct?

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 2, 2019 12:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2019 1:10 AM

If you want the music available in the cloud for downloading on the devices then yes, you will have to pay to do so.

But you can just sync the music via iTunes to the devices : Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer - Apple Support

3 replies

Music I purchased on CD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.