Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac-mini's sound/audio keeps failing

I recently upgraded macOS of my Mac-mini to Mojave (10.14.4). Things have been working properly, but its audio/sound is not stable. It often stops working and only way to fix it is to quit "coreaudiod" in Activity Monitor. (This makeshift method works almost always.)

I uses the daemon for the following apps:

• iTunes
  • Amazon's video player on Firefox and Chrome

Once an incident happens, all these Apps stop playing audio/sound.

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 2, 2019 1:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2019 3:29 PM

I think I have solved the issue. I located the plugin and removed it by:

fukuda@falcon:~% sudo rm -rf /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/Apowersoft\ Audio\ Device\ New.driver/

With coreaudiod re-spawned, its "statics" shows a much lower CPU time (a fifth), and a much less frequent Context Switches and Faults.

I really appreciate your suggestion, Luis-san.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2019 3:29 PM in response to Otacky Taka

I think I have solved the issue. I located the plugin and removed it by:

fukuda@falcon:~% sudo rm -rf /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/Apowersoft\ Audio\ Device\ New.driver/

With coreaudiod re-spawned, its "statics" shows a much lower CPU time (a fifth), and a much less frequent Context Switches and Faults.

I really appreciate your suggestion, Luis-san.

May 2, 2019 2:42 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thank you for the reply.

I downloaded and ran the tool to get a report like attached.

Its "Audio plugins:" includes

"Apowersoft Audio Device New: 1.0.1.0 (? - installed 2019-02-25)"

and this should be a remnant of Apowersoft's Apps. which I abandoned before the upgrade to Mojave.

I suspect this guy, and would like to remove it. Could you show me how to remove this plugins?

Thanks,

My Mac-mini's sound/audio keeps failing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.