Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove fake Adobe Flash Player update virus from Mac

Remove fake Adobe Flash Player update virus from Mac. I keep getting pop-ups warning me that my Adobe Flashplayer needs to be updated. They keep popping up one after the other. How can I stop this?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.12

Posted on May 2, 2019 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2019 9:34 AM

1. There is adware installed on your Mac.

Run  the latest release of Malwarebytes for Mac to remove malware/adware, if installed on your Mac.

For instructions:  Install Malwarebytes for Mac          Uninstall Malwarebytes for Mac

Click the “Scan Now” button. Once done, quit Malwarebytes for Mac.

Restart the computer and relaunch Safari holding the shift key down.

2. Remove unknown extensions:  Safari > Preferences > Extensions

https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/use-safari-extensions-sfri32508/mac

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2019 9:34 AM in response to tsankawe

1. There is adware installed on your Mac.

Run  the latest release of Malwarebytes for Mac to remove malware/adware, if installed on your Mac.

For instructions:  Install Malwarebytes for Mac          Uninstall Malwarebytes for Mac

Click the “Scan Now” button. Once done, quit Malwarebytes for Mac.

Restart the computer and relaunch Safari holding the shift key down.

2. Remove unknown extensions:  Safari > Preferences > Extensions

https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/use-safari-extensions-sfri32508/mac

May 2, 2019 8:57 AM in response to tsankawe

Safari – Popup takes over

Safari – Popup takes over (2)

Popup remover – Scam Zapper

If the pop-up reloads, force quit Safari (command - option/alt - esc) and reopen with the shift key held down. If that doesn't work, disconnect from the Internet, go to Safari/History and delete the website. Quit and reopen with the shift key held down. Then reconnect to the Internet.

Safari -Tech support scam pop-ups

You may  have adware/malware installed. Try downloading this program which was written by Thomas R, a long time poster. The program will search for malware/adware The program will do the work for you which makes it easy. It may be necessary to run more than one scan. After running the scans, restart the computer.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac      10.10 and later

Malwarebytes uninstall

Remove fake Adobe Flash Player update virus from Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.