Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Hardware gone bad

I had the iPhone 7 with Apple care +. The hardware went bad and whenever calls were made or received there was no audio. Sent phone to Apple and they replaced with a new 7. After 5 months this new phone has the same issue with the hardware. No audio for phone calls. Apple is willing to repair phone but is charging $350.00 because they claim my new phone is not under warranty the original warranty. I was not allowed the option to buy a new warranty for the replacement. I just don't understand why a phone 5 months old has known hardware issues, and they are charging me to fix. When i spoke with the support person on phone who filed my claim she said that Apple is aware if this hardware issue on the iPhone7.

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on May 2, 2019 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2019 11:22 AM

The replacement carries a 90 day warranty or the balance of the original warranty (including AppleCare+), whichever is longer. If it has been more than 2 years since you originally purchased the first phone, it's no longer covered.

2 replies

iPhone 7 Hardware gone bad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.