Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Group Text Messages

I’m unable to remove myself from a group text message when one or more people in that group message is using an android. If everyone in the group text message are using iPhones then I’m able to follow the instructions on line explaining how to remove myself from the group text. Is there another way of removing self from a group text when this happens and if not, is Apple coming up with a fix.

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on May 2, 2019 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2019 2:00 PM

There is nothing for Apple to fix, they already gave you an option to remove yourself from imessage which is their platform.

MMS is a carrier feature, you need to ask your phone carrier when they are going to fix it.

If you don't want to be in the group text anymore, let the original sender know and ask them to create a new group and omit you from it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2019 2:00 PM in response to Maegrant

There is nothing for Apple to fix, they already gave you an option to remove yourself from imessage which is their platform.

MMS is a carrier feature, you need to ask your phone carrier when they are going to fix it.

If you don't want to be in the group text anymore, let the original sender know and ask them to create a new group and omit you from it.

Group Text Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.