Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove a person in a group message

How do I remove a person in a group message, 5-6 recipients, iPhone 13 Mini, iOS 16.2?

Group message with mixed iPhone & Android users. Swiping left on the android user does not display delete.

Thanks!

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 8:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 9:17 PM

If one or more people in a group conversation use Android, you cannot "edit" the group.

So you can't delete group members either.

The group messaging features only work if everyone in the group uses iMessages. Android sends traditional SMS messages, and they cannot be handled in the same way as iMessages.

The solution is to Mute the conversation. In the message overview, swipe left on the group message, hit the purple bell. You will now see a bell with a line across the group message in the overview. The message is muted, and you can then either leave it alone, or write to people in the group of which they must start a new one without you as a participant.

Leave a group text message thread on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2023 9:17 PM in response to dori243

If one or more people in a group conversation use Android, you cannot "edit" the group.

So you can't delete group members either.

The group messaging features only work if everyone in the group uses iMessages. Android sends traditional SMS messages, and they cannot be handled in the same way as iMessages.

The solution is to Mute the conversation. In the message overview, swipe left on the group message, hit the purple bell. You will now see a bell with a line across the group message in the overview. The message is muted, and you can then either leave it alone, or write to people in the group of which they must start a new one without you as a participant.

Leave a group text message thread on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

How do I remove a person in a group message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.