Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPAD doesn’t talk to IPhone

Bought a new IPad. Now calls/texts from non Apple phones can’t be seen on IPad. Was told to delete everything from my IPhone and IPad and start over (data saved in cloud) and then they will sinc. Not sure how to do this

iPad, iOS 12

Posted on May 2, 2019 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2019 4:52 PM

UserDummy wrote:

Was told to delete everything from my IPhone and IPad and start over (data saved in cloud) and then they will [sinc] sync

First of all, iOS devices (iPhones, iPads, iPods) do not sync to each other. If you sync them, they sync using iTunes on your computer.

Secondly, deleting everything from each device might be a good cleansing mechanism, but it would have nothing to do with your issue.

If you would like to cleanse your iPhone and/or iPad, here's how:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2019 4:52 PM in response to UserDummy

UserDummy wrote:

Was told to delete everything from my IPhone and IPad and start over (data saved in cloud) and then they will [sinc] sync

First of all, iOS devices (iPhones, iPads, iPods) do not sync to each other. If you sync them, they sync using iTunes on your computer.

Secondly, deleting everything from each device might be a good cleansing mechanism, but it would have nothing to do with your issue.

If you would like to cleanse your iPhone and/or iPad, here's how:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

IPAD doesn’t talk to IPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.