Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My macbook pro's speakers only work when the laptop itself has been sitting for a while or when really cold but as it heats up it crackles and booms

I put my Macbook to sleep and let it sit for a couple hours. I went to open it and played a youtube video but the sound was awful you can early make out the sound itself. I thought replacing the speakers would fix it but nope it didn't. After months of using headphones i played a song without headphones and it somewhat worked the sound was still distorted, cutting out every millisecond, kinda stuttering like, but i could here it i let the video play but i noticed on my fan software the laptop was still cold. 30 seconds later as it heated up the sound went back to crackling and fuzzing. What could be the problem? Macbook Pro 2012 13'in

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 2, 2019 5:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2019 6:00 PM

xxx_420man_xxx wrote:

I put my Macbook to sleep and let it sit for a couple hours. I went to open it and played a youtube video but the sound was awful you can early make out the sound itself. I thought replacing the speakers would fix it but nope it didn't. After months of using headphones i played a song without headphones and it somewhat worked the sound was still distorted, cutting out every millisecond, kinda stuttering like, but i could here it i let the video play but i noticed on my fan software the laptop was still cold. 30 seconds later as it heated up the sound went back to crackling and fuzzing. What could be the problem? Macbook Pro 2012 13'in

Sounds like hardware—In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"—

https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2019 6:00 PM in response to xxx_420man_xxx

xxx_420man_xxx wrote:

Sounds like hardware—In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"—

https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

My macbook pro's speakers only work when the laptop itself has been sitting for a while or when really cold but as it heats up it crackles and booms

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.