Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why No Whatsapp call notification on Apple watch

I have been using Apple watch since long, I am getting all the notification on my apple watch, Except Whatsapp call notification. Once the call is missed, then only I get a notification that I have missed a call.

Why?

I am using Samsung Galaxy S3 Frontier with the same Iphone via Samsung Galaxy watch app. and to my surprise on this watch I get all notification including Whatsapp call notification as well. huh?

and I can have both watches sync together and on my wrist, and then I call my whatsapp number from other phone.. S3 Frontier shows me the call and caller name, but Apple watch stay standby without any hint that any incoming call is there on my phone. Once call went unanswered then Apple watch shows.. missed call. what nonsense is this.

I am 100% annoyed and furious.. being in a Apple ecosystem, why am I suppose to get this discrimination from my own Apple product.

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 5

Posted on May 2, 2019 7:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2019 2:54 PM

Appreciate your contribution, I wish to understand from All user perspective only.

1. why I am not getting incoming whatsapp call notification on Apple watch, as stated in my original post?
  2. if it is only me, or all have the same sceanrio?
13 replies

May 6, 2019 2:49 AM in response to seanfromllanelli

I did contacted Apple Support, and as expected they acted like they never heard this issue before.

However way I tried making them understand that I do not have issue with Whatsapp chat notification, I do have issue with no whatsapp Call notification. still they end Up giving me the following link and ended the chat.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8659427

this is sheer useless for me.

May 12, 2019 11:51 PM in response to seanfromllanelli

Dear friend,

Hope you are aware that I have already mentioned that this restriction is not from whatsapp as I am receiving the whatsapp call notification in Sumsung S3 Frontier with the same Iphone.

Hence its the Apple's restriction. in similar kind of post, whatsapp had already responded, this one is 2 years old post.

This is the whatsapp product support reply:

"WhatsApp provides limited support for the Apple Watch. However, you should be able to receive WhatsApp notifications and reply to messages. Any issues you have are likely on account of either your watch or your phone. Please keep in mind that we have no way to diagnose issues with the Apple Watch from our end as there is no way to log this information."

This seems this notification has been restricted by Apple, and not whatsapp.

Why No Whatsapp call notification on Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.