Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos "From My Mac"

Hello. I have an Iphone 7 with photos in a folder named From My Mac. I have upgrading to a new Iphone XS and need to reset my Iphone 7 as it needs to go to someone else. I cannot figure out how to save these photos to my new Iphone XS. On a side note, I no longer have the Mac computer from which these photos came from. ICloud Photos is not switched on in the photo setting. Please provide assistance. Thank you.

iPhone XS, iOS 12

Posted on May 2, 2019 11:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2019 12:47 AM

ICloud Photos is not switched on in the photo setting.

On no account switch on "iCloud Photos". This will erase all photos from the "From My Mac" section. Photos you are seeing in From My Mac have probably been saved synced to the iPhone using iTunes on a computer. Photos synced with iTunes are not saved to the camera Roll. This syncing is one-way only. You cannot download them using a USB connection to a computer. And if you enable iCloud Photos, they will be erased. You could mail the photos to your new iPhone or use Air Drop. Or save duplicates to the Camera Roll, you can download them using a USB connection to a computer. If you try to edit one of the synced Photos, this will create a duplicate in the Camera Roll. It will be a lot of work, because this is not possible far large groups of photos at once.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2019 12:47 AM in response to VinnieOli

ICloud Photos is not switched on in the photo setting.

On no account switch on "iCloud Photos". This will erase all photos from the "From My Mac" section. Photos you are seeing in From My Mac have probably been saved synced to the iPhone using iTunes on a computer. Photos synced with iTunes are not saved to the camera Roll. This syncing is one-way only. You cannot download them using a USB connection to a computer. And if you enable iCloud Photos, they will be erased. You could mail the photos to your new iPhone or use Air Drop. Or save duplicates to the Camera Roll, you can download them using a USB connection to a computer. If you try to edit one of the synced Photos, this will create a duplicate in the Camera Roll. It will be a lot of work, because this is not possible far large groups of photos at once.

Photos "From My Mac"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.