Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad activation lock

Hi,

I have an old ipad and it has an Activation Lock. I cannot remember which Apple ID this ipad was activated with and all of my ones that I remember do not work.

Is there a way to find out which AppleID was used for this Ipad so I can reset it?

Thanks,

P

Posted on May 3, 2019 5:19 AM

6 replies

May 3, 2019 6:36 AM in response to depaorp

Why are you creating so many AppleIDs that you cannot even remember them all? There is no need to really ever make more than one. Just change the primary email if your email account changes - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202667

Remember that along with issue such as activation lock, everything you purchase from the iTunes, App, iBook or Mac store are permanently tied to the AppleID used when purchasing. All the data you keep in iCloud is tied to the AppleID used to sign in to iCloud, and none of the information associated with an AppleID can be transferred to a new AppleID.

Ipad activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.