Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Login on Mac Mojave

After upgrading to Mojave, I'm unable to login into iCloud on my Mac.

This is what I do:

Settings -> iCloud -> Enter my Apple ID -> Password and then nothing happens:

After entering the correct username/password, I just receive the same screen:

I'm on 10.14.4

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 3, 2019 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2019 8:01 AM

I was able to resolve it. 🤯

Context and troubleshooting

1. I tried booting up on safe mode and nothing, same error.
  2. Created a secondary account on my machine as admin and I was able to login on iCloud which made me think that could be related to permissions maybe?
  3. Open the console log, and try to login again on iCloud and notice a couple of errors:

Sandbox: callservicesd(9896) deny(1) file-read-data /Users/xxxxx/Library/Preferences/com.apple.AddressBook.plist

Sandbox: suggestd(9915) deny(1) file-read-data /Users/xxxxx/Library/Preferences/.GlobalPreferences.plist

Sandbox: 3 duplicate reports for fmfd deny(1) file-write-data /Users/xxxx/Library/Preferences/com.apple.icloud.fmfd.notbackedup.plist

Which lead me to think that indeed, it was a permission error. Upon a successful authentication, iCloud will try to update the local system using the keychain access, however if there's a problem with KeyChain, iCloud will just fail silently.

Solution

1. Backup KeyChain (Open terminal)

mkdir -p ~/keybackup/

cp -R ~/Library/Keychains ~/keybackup/

2. Reset keychain

3. Try to login again on iCloud... success! 🌟🔥💥

SwimButterfly wrote:

This is what I do:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/e5b720ff-924d-4a23-8c36-2a8098afc8eb

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/187138f1-eba8-4330-94e7-b0f493bdee78

I'm on 10.14.4
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2019 8:01 AM in response to SwimButterfly

I was able to resolve it. 🤯

Context and troubleshooting

1. I tried booting up on safe mode and nothing, same error.
  2. Created a secondary account on my machine as admin and I was able to login on iCloud which made me think that could be related to permissions maybe?
  3. Open the console log, and try to login again on iCloud and notice a couple of errors:

Sandbox: callservicesd(9896) deny(1) file-read-data /Users/xxxxx/Library/Preferences/com.apple.AddressBook.plist

Sandbox: suggestd(9915) deny(1) file-read-data /Users/xxxxx/Library/Preferences/.GlobalPreferences.plist

Sandbox: 3 duplicate reports for fmfd deny(1) file-write-data /Users/xxxx/Library/Preferences/com.apple.icloud.fmfd.notbackedup.plist

Which lead me to think that indeed, it was a permission error. Upon a successful authentication, iCloud will try to update the local system using the keychain access, however if there's a problem with KeyChain, iCloud will just fail silently.

Solution

1. Backup KeyChain (Open terminal)

mkdir -p ~/keybackup/

cp -R ~/Library/Keychains ~/keybackup/

2. Reset keychain

3. Try to login again on iCloud... success! 🌟🔥💥

SwimButterfly wrote:

This is what I do:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/e5b720ff-924d-4a23-8c36-2a8098afc8eb

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/187138f1-eba8-4330-94e7-b0f493bdee78

I'm on 10.14.4

May 4, 2019 6:57 AM in response to SwimButterfly

Hello SwimButterfly.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that after updating your Mac, there's no response when trying to sign in to iCloud. I can surely see how this could be concerning. I'm happy to help.

What happens when you click Next? If there's still no response, I recommend testing the issue while in safe mode. Starting in safe mode allows your Mac to run certain checks, remove caches, and prevent login items from automatically launching. This can isolate possible third party issues. Use the steps and information in the link below for assistance with safe mode:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

If the issue persists, test in another user account. This will help determine if the issue is user specific or system wide.

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Let us know the results. Please include specific error messages and any other troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a nice day!

iCloud Login on Mac Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.