Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deconstruct a Photo movie/slideshow

I misplaced the original photos used to create a slideshow/movie on my MacBook. My question is this: Is there a way to "deconstruct" the movie file in order to recover the individual photos???

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 3, 2019 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2019 12:03 PM

All you can do is to play the movie in the Photos library and stop at the frame you want to save. Click on the gear button at the right side of the play controls and select Export Frame to Pictures.

It will save a tiff file of that frame. Do that for each frame to recover the photos used in the screenshot. However, the quality of the images won't be as good as the originals.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2019 12:03 PM in response to gwittie

All you can do is to play the movie in the Photos library and stop at the frame you want to save. Click on the gear button at the right side of the play controls and select Export Frame to Pictures.

It will save a tiff file of that frame. Do that for each frame to recover the photos used in the screenshot. However, the quality of the images won't be as good as the originals.

Deconstruct a Photo movie/slideshow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.