Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How to delete video files on iPad, that are listed as "from my mac"

Hi experts,

I have two video files, combined size around 8 gb that i no longer need. I cant, however, seem to be able to delete them. In my photos app, they are listed as "from my mac" (in danish "Fra min mac"). I dont own a mac and i have no idea why they are listed as such. Its been 3 or so years since i put them there. I can select them, but the delete button is greyed out.

They may have been imported through dropbox, via the app Lumafusion, but i have since deleted Lumafusion, so its not because the files are in use by this app.

Its a Ipad pro 2nd generation, 12,9", 512 gb without simcard. I run IpadOS 16.3.1.

Its a slight issue, but its been bothering me for some time, so i hope someone can help me.

iPad 2

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 8:15 AM

see here ➜ How to remove “From My Mac” album from Ph… - Apple Community

Those videos were synced from your Mac directly, and the only way to remove them, is to unysnc them.

Connect your iPad to your Mac and in Finder, under the Photos section for your iPad uncheck the synced albums and videos, the click the "Sync" button to confirm the deletion.

click here ➜ Sync your photos manually using the Finder - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2023 8:15 AM in response to mikkel_bio

see here ➜ How to remove “From My Mac” album from Ph… - Apple Community

Those videos were synced from your Mac directly, and the only way to remove them, is to unysnc them.

Connect your iPad to your Mac and in Finder, under the Photos section for your iPad uncheck the synced albums and videos, the click the "Sync" button to confirm the deletion.

click here ➜ Sync your photos manually using the Finder - Apple Support

How to delete video files on iPad, that are listed as "from my mac"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.