Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple music browse not working

Apple music is not loading in my itunes. When i click the page "explore", or "radio", or "for you" it just stays all white with nothing on the page below that part with the play/pause buttons, the volume level and the search bar... what should i do?

MacBook Pro 13", OS X 10.11

Posted on May 3, 2019 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2019 1:42 PM

I had this issue too. macOS 10.11.6 on an Early 2009 Mac Pro that maxes out at 10.11.6

Tried all kinds of things but ended up uninstalling iTunes 12.8 and downgrading to v12.4.3.

(Make sure you have a backup before trying anything like this)

1/ Close iTunes

2/ Open Terminal

3/ sudo rm -r /Applications/iTunes.app

4/ In Finder, click Go>Home

5/ Navigate to Music>iTunes and delete iTunes Library.itl (The older iTunes will complain that this was created by a newer version of iTunes)

6/ Download and install iTunes 12.4.3 https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1892?locale=en_US

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2019 1:42 PM in response to tutaix

I had this issue too. macOS 10.11.6 on an Early 2009 Mac Pro that maxes out at 10.11.6

Tried all kinds of things but ended up uninstalling iTunes 12.8 and downgrading to v12.4.3.

(Make sure you have a backup before trying anything like this)

1/ Close iTunes

2/ Open Terminal

3/ sudo rm -r /Applications/iTunes.app

4/ In Finder, click Go>Home

5/ Navigate to Music>iTunes and delete iTunes Library.itl (The older iTunes will complain that this was created by a newer version of iTunes)

6/ Download and install iTunes 12.4.3 https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1892?locale=en_US

May 8, 2019 9:29 AM in response to tutaix

Just wanted to chime in that I too have this problem. I am using OS X EL Capitan 10.11.6 and iTunes 12.8.2.3 and I get a white screen when I click on "explore, radio, or for you." I have an active Apple Music subscription and I have tried uninstalling and reinstall iTunes and multiple computer re-starts with no luck. It worked just fine on this computer until Friday, May 3.

May 4, 2019 7:14 AM in response to tutaix

Hello, tutaix.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're having trouble using Apple Music on your Mac. I'm happy to provide a few steps to try.

First, double check to make sure that your Apple Music subscription is active: View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

Then, try to force quit iTunes on your Mac, to see if the behavior changes the next time you launch: How to force an app to quit on your Mac - Apple Support

Reply back to the community to let us know if these steps help.

Take care.

May 11, 2019 8:58 AM in response to Mccrmjen

Hi @Mccrmjen You might want to try rebooting and testing iTunes again today just in case this was resolved on the Apple side as I believe @tutaix reported. I can't test this until I get to the affected machine.

If you still need to reinstall, you probably missed the step when you delete the file in the Terminal app.

While Terminal is open, paste in sudo rm -r /Applications/iTunes.app

It will ask you for your password if you're an admin - if your regular account is NOT an admin account on your computer (which is actually good practice!), you should simply log into your admin account and run that sudo account in Terminal to remove iTunes.

(You can also use a function called su to accomplish this from your user account but that's getting into the weeds a bit)

When you're done with the Terminal command you shouldn't be able to open iTunes at all or see it in your Applications folder. Then you're ready to install the older version. Remember to heed my subsequent posts about turning the App updates off and hiding the iTunes update app - that might be why it updated on you.

apple music browse not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.