Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if your apple id exists with an alias, is there a way to elimate the one email address (yahoo) but keep the other email address (icloud

if your apple id exists with an alias, is there a way to elimate the one email address (yahoo - for instance) but keep the other email address (icloud) as your one and only Apple ID. I am willing to eliminate the current yahoo email / Apple ID, and I am willing to change the Apple ID password, but I would like my current iCloud email address to become my Apple ID. To further complicate my question.....I still need a yahoo email account and I am willing to change that yahoo email address, but I want it to be a stand alone email that is no longer associated with my Apple ID. I am having a lot of email issues and I wonder if it is because of the alias or because yahoo is taking control of the emails or something else entirely.

Thanks!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 3, 2019 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2019 1:22 PM

Do a name change and remove the Yahoo email address. It will then be a standalone email address.

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

1 reply

if your apple id exists with an alias, is there a way to elimate the one email address (yahoo) but keep the other email address (icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.