Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change my Apple ID iCloud alias/email address?

Hello everyone,

I used a gmail address to create my Apple ID years ago. Apple gave me an iCloud alias identical to my gmail alias back then!

Now I've been using a new gmail address and have changed my "Apple ID" email (gmail) address accordingly. But I still see that old iCloud alias on my Apple ID everywhere in Settings, Mail, etc.

I even created a new iCloud alias identical to my new gmail address but it doesn't consider it as my "Apple ID alias". This is very confusing for me and I hope experts have a solution for this.

Thanks in advance

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 9:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 1:11 PM

Hello az84ca,

I don't use iCloud email but perhaps this support document may help?

iCloud: Use email aliases in iCloud Mail

https://support.apple.com/guide/icloud/use-email-aliases-mm6b1a490a/icloud

- "Note: You can’t delete or turn off a primary @icloud.com email address."

3 replies

Feb 24, 2021 10:37 AM in response to Limnos

Thank you Limnos.

Actually I have seen that you can't change you first iCloud email address, but why?! Why apple doesn't let you change it?

If there is no way and I want to really get rid of seeing that old email address everywhere, is there another way? like making a new Apple account and moving everything (like apps, iTunes purchases, ) form old account to the new one?!

Thank you

How can I change my Apple ID iCloud alias/email address?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.