Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change Apple ID alias to match new Apple ID

Changed my Apple ID to a new email address. However, the @icloud and @me addresses remain the same as my old email. I know I can create aliases but these aliases cannot be removed because they say they’re an alias of my Apple ID address (old one at that.)

So to simplify it this is what it looks like:

old Apple ID : oldemail@gmail.com

new Apple ID: newemail@gmail.com

and currently the @icloud.com and @me.com addresses are:

oldemail@icloud.com and oldemail@me.com

How do I delete or change the oldmail@icloud.com / oldemail@me.com to newemail@icloud.com / newemail@me.com?

I’ve already created additional aliases, but would like to remove the old ones that were created when I initially created my Apple ID with my old email.

Thanks in advance!

iPhone XS

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 1:50 PM

5 replies

Nov 30, 2019 2:57 PM in response to Eric Root

So I suppose the only solution would be to create a new Apple ID / iCloud account? Side note, even the “oldemail@icloud.com” and “oldemail@me.com” show in the ‘Reachable At’ menu, but I have only my cell phone number to be used to send and receive iMessages, I would never be able to receive a iMessage at the “oldmail@icloud.com” or any other email/old Apple ID for that matter. Correct? Appreciate very much!

How to change Apple ID alias to match new Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.