Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing - child's password

Hi, my daughter has forgotten her password for her iCloud account. She is set up on our family sharing so it is linked to our account if she purchases anything via the app store.

I have been trying to reset her password via iforgot but nothing has happened (its been a week), I finally speak to someone at Apple yesterday who said the reset request would be cancelled if she used her phone on any apps she had purchased using her apple id in the 24 hours following a request.

Therefore, she must wait 24 hours for it to be reset until she could use her phone / those apps again.

However, she then hung up on me before I finish my question - I am not clear if that means she can not use her phone for 24 hours or all of us who use our (parents) apple id for making purchases can not use our phones for 24 hours - can anyone help? Thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on May 3, 2019 10:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2019 6:33 AM

Only your daughter is affected since she has her own Apple ID.

1 reply

Family sharing - child's password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.