Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my daughter forgot her icloud account password on family sharing

How do I recover or change her icloud password?

I tried online and when trying "forgot my password" link it asks my iphone number (shows last 2 digits only), and then nothing happens I do not receive any notifications to change her password on family sharing to access apple store to download a free game app.

I tried downloading on mine to share with her on family sharing but my free downloaded app does not show up for me to share. I only see purchased apps to share option.

Thank you!

Karine

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 5:32 AM

3 replies

Feb 11, 2022 7:44 AM in response to kartad

see this link:

Use these steps to set up Family Sharing. You can start a new family group and invite people to join, or you can join someone else's family group.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201088

there is a post here were someone was successful but it required them to get someone on the phone, and sometimes thats the only way to get past the breaks you're seeing

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251706343

Feb 9, 2022 3:51 PM in response to JimmyCMPIT

Hello,

When I try that link, it asks to entre the icloud account that my daughter had forgetten password for. I enter and it asks for my phone number which I enter. Then I see a popup on her iphone screen (sharing kid phone) to allow reset password or not allow. I click "allow" but nothing happens. Because its a kid account, her account section is not active I cannot access it from her phone to change her password.

I tried logging in online using computer but the same thing happens, after entering her icloud email, it asks to verify my phone number (not hers), then I enter my phone number, and I see a popup on her phone screen saying allow to reset the password but because her account is a child account and greyed out, I cannot access it to change it.

I am soo frustrated.

Is there another way to download a free game on her iphone without changing her password? Could I somehow log in on her iphone as the parent and download a game app?

Please advise.

THANK YOU SO MUCH

my daughter forgot her icloud account password on family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.