Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it routine for the Apple store tech handling a phone trade in to say he will dispose of your old sim card?

The store tech took my sim card from the old phone saying it was blank and said he would dispose of it.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on May 4, 2019 1:56 PM

3 replies

May 4, 2019 1:59 PM in response to rcaldwellusa

Why don't you ask them?

FYI: These are user-only forums. Apple is not here. Thank you for your understanding and support. Should you need further help: Contact Apple Customer and Support Service.

1. Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.
  2. Primary support help at Contact Support.
  3. To contact product and tech support:  Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.

May 4, 2019 2:07 PM in response to rcaldwellusa

There is nothing stored on a SIM.

It’s only purpose is to allow to connect to the cellular network.

If the SIM card in your new phone is activated and working, the old one has been deactivated.

What is it you imagine they might be trying to do?

Every time I have bought a phone at an Apple store , they have offered to swap my SIM over or activate the new one in the device. They have taken my old SIM and thrown it away.

Is it routine for the Apple store tech handling a phone trade in to say he will dispose of your old sim card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.