Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 7 no dial tone, cant be heard or hear anything on calls

I have an iPhone 7, recently I cant here people on calls, they cant hear me. I get no dial tone. the phone rings, I get keyboard clicks, alarm and can play music.

If I send a text to another iPhone they get the notification, but the message doesn't display.

I have cleaned my sim card, reset all settings and restarted the phone, but its still the same.

Any ideas?

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on May 4, 2019 2:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2019 2:50 PM

You have multiple issues going on here, and they are not all related. I suggest you try creating a current backup and restore to that backup to see if it changes. I've never heard a dial tone on an iPhone when making a phone call. If you attempt to send an iMessage and it doesn't work, that is a data send. Are you on cellular data or wi-fi? You may be best off making a Genius Bar appointment and having Apple look at the device. They will explain your options.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2019 2:50 PM in response to bored1352

You have multiple issues going on here, and they are not all related. I suggest you try creating a current backup and restore to that backup to see if it changes. I've never heard a dial tone on an iPhone when making a phone call. If you attempt to send an iMessage and it doesn't work, that is a data send. Are you on cellular data or wi-fi? You may be best off making a Genius Bar appointment and having Apple look at the device. They will explain your options.

iphone 7 no dial tone, cant be heard or hear anything on calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.