Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch won’t add to grocery list.

In my reminders app I have “my grocery list” and I cannot add anything from my Apple Watch series 3 watchOS 5.2 to my iPhone 7 Plus iOS 12.2 to my grocery list. I can have Siri read me the contents of said list but will not add to it. I feel like it worked at one point. The Watch is new to me so maybe I’m wrong but again I’m pretty sure it worked initially. I’ve restarted both devices. Any suggestions?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on May 4, 2019 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2019 11:51 PM

You cannot add to a list on the Apple Watch. You can create reminders by using Siri. You can reorder your list. You can add to the Reminders on your iPhone iPad or iPod.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/watch/reminders-apdf10efb1bf/watchos

Similar questions

4 replies

May 21, 2019 7:50 AM in response to carlos28355

Hi,

I had the same issue for some time and could not find an answer here that worked for me.

After a lot of tinkering I managed to get it to work again. I cannot be sure if Apple fixed it or I did, but I'll share my solution anyway.

My hunch is that the problem was related to some apps hijacking the shopping list command. Apps like NYT cooking or Bring! must get some priority for this.

I removed them from my watch, then removed any existing saved shortcuts in my iPhone and lastly I removed them also from my iPad, which had remained active for some reason.

Now I can ask Siri on my watch to add items to my shopping list and it works every single time.

I hope that works for you!

Apple Watch won’t add to grocery list.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.