Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Xs Max won't show most of the available wifi networks

This has been happening since I got my phone over 5 months ago. It will only show 1 (or sometimes 2) available wifi networks. This inhibits me from connecting to one or more that I need to at home and the office. My MacBook Pro and iPad will show all the networks available and I can connect to them, but the Xs Max just shows maybe the strongest signal.

I also have a Sony digital camera that can broadcast its own wifi network but again the Xs Max won't see it when all other devices do....even if the camera is sitting next to the iPhone.

Fed up with the issue, I've tried every workaround and fix that I have read, but nothing has worked. I even did a full factory reset (set up phone as New) and it only saw one wifi network again after the iPhone finished setting up.

Not sure if this is a constant iOS 12, 12.1 and now 12.2 issue or a hardware issue?

Any others out there have a solution that works? Or am I doomed with this buggy phone and the new communications chips that Apple used in these newer models?

My next step is to try to get a replacement if that's possible.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12

Posted on May 4, 2019 9:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2019 10:27 PM

Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. Also, see How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD).

"Your Apple-branded or Beats-branded hardware product (“Product”) is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase (“Warranty Period”) when used in accordance with Apple`s user manuals (refer to www.apple.com/support/country). Under this warranty, you will be able to direct your claims to Apple even in situations where you purchased the Apple Product from a third party.” [Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty – Accessory - For Apple and Beats Branded Products Only.]

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2019 10:27 PM in response to janericster

Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. Also, see How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD).

"Your Apple-branded or Beats-branded hardware product (“Product”) is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase (“Warranty Period”) when used in accordance with Apple`s user manuals (refer to www.apple.com/support/country). Under this warranty, you will be able to direct your claims to Apple even in situations where you purchased the Apple Product from a third party.” [Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty – Accessory - For Apple and Beats Branded Products Only.]

May 7, 2019 3:25 PM in response to Kappy

Thanks. I actually contacted Apple Support via chat and they had me do a full factory reset on the phone, followed by a manual restore via iTunes so that it downloaded a fresh copy of iOS and then restored my encrypted backup.

It didn't work, so they believe it might be hardware related. I guess when I have time I'll make an appt at an Apple Store and spend more hours explaining the problem and have them troubleshoot it.

iPhone Xs Max won't show most of the available wifi networks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.