Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

siri issues on macbook air

I recently purchased a refurbished macbook air (2014). I am having issues with siri not responding. I do a restart and siri functions properly, but whenI turn off computer and turn back on, I hit siri and it does nothing but light up. Tried everything to solve this issue. Nothing has worked so far.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 5, 2019 5:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2019 6:08 AM

Hello clockman827,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I see from your post that you're having trouble with Siri on your Mac.

Take a look at this article called If Siri or "Hey Siri" isn't working and try all the steps provided.

If you're still having issues with Siri after trying all the recommendations, contact Apple Support.

I hope this information helps!

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2019 6:08 AM in response to clockman827

Hello clockman827,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I see from your post that you're having trouble with Siri on your Mac.

Take a look at this article called If Siri or "Hey Siri" isn't working and try all the steps provided.

If you're still having issues with Siri after trying all the recommendations, contact Apple Support.

I hope this information helps!

Cheers.

May 6, 2019 8:52 AM in response to jeremy_v

My issue has been resolved! I had suspected that siri was being restricted, or not being given access. I had just purchased my macbook a couple weeks ago and am still learning the ios system. My chat with Apple Support yesterday pointed me in the right direction. I had been running my account as an administrator, and had not given permission for certain access, which included siri. Thank you for your assistance!

siri issues on macbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.