Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to end SOS alerts to emergency contacts in error

How do I stop sharing my location when I accidentally alerted 911 on my watch and it went through to 911? Emergency services called and I said it was an error. My emergency contacts kept getting sos location movement texts for hours. I didn’t know how to stop the alerts and I don’t know how long that continues.

Apple Watch Sport

Posted on May 5, 2019 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2019 5:06 PM

When mine accidentally went off I had an option on my phone to stop sharing my location.

Use Emergency SOS on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Stop sharing your location

When your location is being shared, you'll get a reminder to stop every 4 hours for 24 hours. To stop the updates, tap the status bar and select "Stop Sharing Emergency Location." 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2019 5:06 PM in response to normansheridan

When mine accidentally went off I had an option on my phone to stop sharing my location.

Use Emergency SOS on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Stop sharing your location

When your location is being shared, you'll get a reminder to stop every 4 hours for 24 hours. To stop the updates, tap the status bar and select "Stop Sharing Emergency Location." 

How to end SOS alerts to emergency contacts in error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.