Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to prevent photo uploads to iCloud from pausing?

My iPhone 8 continually stops uploading--mostly to save the battery--BUT--this occurs even when the phone is connected to the charger.

Is there any way to never pause during uploads? I simply want the phone to unconditionally upload photos in the background, as I understand it is supposed to work.

It is outrageous, and maddening, to constantly have to babysit the thing and resume uploads. (Steve Jobs would never have stood for it)

Thanks.

iPhone 8, iOS 12

Posted on May 5, 2019 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2019 7:29 PM

(Steve Jobs would never have stood for it)

For what? The internet being a fickle thing at times?

There are likely connectivity issues that cause this.

Is there any way to never pause during uploads?

Reality is, if you did not pause the upload, it continues until it can't. There is no "keep going" setting.

Updating the iCloud Photo Library is not just a big upwards dump. There are data integrity checks ongoing throughout.

How many photos? Videos? How long has the upload been going on? What kind of wifi connection?

There are many variables to consider.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2019 7:29 PM in response to Keep_it_Simple

(Steve Jobs would never have stood for it)

For what? The internet being a fickle thing at times?

There are likely connectivity issues that cause this.

Is there any way to never pause during uploads?

Reality is, if you did not pause the upload, it continues until it can't. There is no "keep going" setting.

Updating the iCloud Photo Library is not just a big upwards dump. There are data integrity checks ongoing throughout.

How many photos? Videos? How long has the upload been going on? What kind of wifi connection?

There are many variables to consider.

May 5, 2019 8:36 PM in response to Keep_it_Simple

Answered.

The question is simple: is there a way to cause an iPhone to continuously upload photos to iCloud without pausing?

That is the default setting. Unless you pause the upload, your phone is uploading.

There is no /keep_uploading_without_pausing switch.

You do not have control of the entire path to iCloud.

What about the other questions I asked in an effort to help you?

Nothing wrong with the internet here.

How to prevent photo uploads to iCloud from pausing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.